Dr. B. Raja Shekhar
Area: Operations Management
Affiliation: University of Hyderabad
Email : email@example.com
Telephone office: 040-2313-5003 (0)
Mobile: +91 9866699983
Prof. B. Raja Shekhar, currently the Dean of the School of Management Studies,Director and Member Secretary of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) at University of Hyderabad, has a commendable track record in the field of higher education as an academic and academic administrator. He is associated with the School of Management Studies since its inception (June 1999) and he is also Coordinating In House Training Programmes of the University. Prof. Shekhar has been coordinating Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management through Centre for Distance and Virtual Learning for the past 12 years. He was associated with the Telangana State Public Service Commission as one of the members of the committee for formulation of scheme and syllabus.
Prof. Shekhar obtained his Bachelor of Technology degree in Civil Engineering, three Master’s degrees in Business Administration, Psychology and Education. He was awarded two Doctorate degrees in Business Management and Psychology. Added to above, he acquired two Post-Graduate Diplomas in Personnel Management & Industrial Relations and Computer Science. Prof. Shekhar also underwent a Faculty Development Programme (FDP) at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad. Prior to joining the University of Hyderabad, he taught at Kakatiya University and Kamala Nehru Polytechnic for women. Besides his academic activities, he served various administrative positions in the university including Registrar, Dean Students’ Welfare, Chief Warden etc.
Prof. Shekhar authored, edited and co-edited books in the area of consumer protection, Supply Chain Management and Quality Management. He has published 75 research papers in reputed International, National Journals and Conference proceedings. Prof. Shekhar successfully guided 12 research scholars for Ph.D. and 8 more scholars are working currently under his supervision. He is a specialist in the area of Service Quality and has been doing extensive research in various issues of service quality. He has been running a career counselling weekly column in a leading Telugu daily newspaper Eenadu titled sandehalu-samadhanalu. Prof. Shekhar is actively engaged in research as a consultant and principal investigator for DFID, FAO, UGC and AICTE sponsored projects.
Prof. Shekhar is visiting faculty to various Training Institutions, which include UGC-Human Resource Development Centres, National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Dr. Marri Channa Reddy Human Resource Development Institute, Andhra Pradesh Human Resource Development Institute,National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management, National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Indian Institute of Public Health, RBVRR Telangana State Police Academy, Navodaya Leadership Institute, National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management etc. He regularly delivers lectures in the areas of Career Planning and Personality Development at varied Graduate and Post Graduate colleges and Universities.
His primary areas of interest include Service Quality, Quantitative Techniques, Operations Management, Industrial & Organizational Psychology and Research Methodology.
For more details visit: www.profbrajashekhar.in
Ph.D. (Psychology) Sri Venkateswara University
Ph.D. (Management) Kakatiya University
MBA Osmania University
M.Sc. Sri Venkateswara University
MA Indira Gandhi National Open University
B.Tech Acharya Nagarjuna University
45. Uma Maheswari Devi Parmata , Sankara Rao B. , Raja Shekhar B. , (2017) “Service quality in pharmaceutical supply chain – A case study with reference to a major Indian Pharamaceutical company”, International Journal of Services Sciences. 6(2).pp. 147-161.
44. Annamdevula, S. & Bellamkonda, R.S. (2017).”Where do you find student loyalty in the contemporary university scene?”, Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education. 9(3).
43.Devi Prasad, Maruvada & Raja Shekhar, Bellamkonda (2017). “RAILQUAL: a multiple item scale for evaluating railway passenger service quality and satisfaction”, International Journal of Services and Operations Management, 27(2).pp.145-166.
42. Mishra, P.K., & Raja Shekhar, B., (2016) ‘Identification and assessment of KPIs in cooperative based dairy-food supply chains: a SCOR approach’, Discovery: The International Journal.52(243).pp. 713-722.
41.Uma Maheswari Devi Parmata , Sankara Rao B. , Raja Shekhar B. , (2016) “Measuring service quality in pharmaceutical supply chain – distributor’s perspective”, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 10(3). pp.258 – 284.
40. Annamdevula, S. & Bellamkonda, R.S. (2016).” The effects of service quality on student loyalty: the mediating role of student satisfaction”, Journal of Modelling in Management, 11(2).
39. Annamdevula, S. & Bellamkonda, R.S. (2016). ” Effect of student perceived service quality on student satisfaction, loyalty and motivation in Indian universities:Development of HighEduQual”,Journal of Modelling in Management, 11(2).
38. Umamaheswari Devi, P.,Sankar Rao, B.,Raja Shekhar,B.& Uday Bhaskar,N.(2016).” Service Quality in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain: A study with reference to three major cities of Andhra Pradesh, India”, International Journal of Services and Operations Management, 24(4):433-458.
37.Umanaheswari Devi, P., Sankar Rao, B., Raja Shekhar,B.& Uday Bhaskar, N. (2015),”Measuring of Service Quality of Pharmacies- A study with reference to three major Indian cities”, International Journal of Pharmacy, 5(1):253-264.
36.Mishra, P.K.,& Shekhar, B.R.(2015),” Analyzing the product and service aspects of a manufacturing supply chain: A diary industry perspective”, International Journal of Business Performance Management,16(2/3):321-338.
35.Umamaheswari Devi, P.,Sankar Rao, B.,Raja Shekhar, B.& Uday Bhaskar, N. (2014),”Evaluation of Service Quality from Distributor’s perspective in the Pharmaceuitcal Supply Chain”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 5(14):1024-1035.
34.Suresh Kandulapati & Raja Shekhar Bellamkonda (2014),” Examining the Structural Relationship of Service Recovery, Customer Satisfaction and Image in Online Retailing”, Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal,7(2):70-78.
33. Ramaiah Itumalla, Acharyulu, G.V.R.K. & Raja Shekhar, B.(2014),”Development of HospitalQual: A service Quality Scale for Measuring In-patient Services in Hospital”, Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal,7(2):54-63.
32.Suresh Kandulapati & Raja Shekhar,B.(2014),”E-service quality:a study of online shoppers in India”, American Journal of Business,29(2):178-188.
31.Annamdevula Subrahmanyam & Raja Shekhar,B. (2014), “HiEduQual:An Instrument for measuring the Critical Factors of Students’ Perceived Service Quality”, Management Science and Engineering,8(2),103-109.
30.Devi Prasad, M & Raja Shekhar, B. (2013). “Effects of Demographic Variables on Railway Passenger Service Quality: Finding from Indian Railway Passenger Service through Rail Qual ,”International Journal of Advances in Management and Economics ,2(5): 159-162.
29.Mahapatra, S. Ch. & Raja Shekhar, B. (2013), “Enlisting The Airline Services Using Fuzzy Evaluation Approach In Indian Context”, International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, Vol 2 (12).
28. Mishra, P.K., & Raja Shekhar, B. (2013). Consumer behaviour, customer satisfaction vis-a-vis brand performance: An empirical study of a dairy food supply chain in India. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 7(3), 399-412.
27. Bellamkonda Raja Shekhar & Syed Samiullah (2013). Self-Efficacy and Psychological Strain among the Managerial Employees in India. ZENITH International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 3 (6), 101-111.
26. Bellamkonda Raja Shekhar & Syed Samiullah (2013). Social Self-Efficacy and Psychological Strain among the Indian Managerial Employees in different sectors. International Journal of Current Research, 5 (4), 935-938.
25. Subrahmanyam A. & Raja Shekhar, B. (2012). “Development of HiEdQUAL for Measuring Service Quality in Indian Higher Education Sector.” International Journal of Innovation, Management and technology: 3(4), 412-416.
24. Krishnaiah J. & Raja Shekhar, B. (2012). “Trends in Management of Technology (MOT) Practices in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in India: A study of Select Food Processing Enterprises.” International Journal of Innovation, Management and technology: 3(4), 374-377.
23. Devi Prasad, M & Raja Shekhar, B. (2012). “The effect of Individual Dimensions of Railway Service Quality: Findings from Indian Railway Passenger Services through developing RAILQUAL” International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, 3(1): 42-46,
22. Udaya Bhaskar, N & Raja Shekhar, B. (2012). “Purchase Patterns of Apparel Retail Customers with reference to select state of Andhra Pradesh” International Journal of Engineering Science and Research (IJESR), Special Edition, March: 10-18.
21. Mishra, P. K., & Raja Shekhar, B. (2012). “Evaluating supply chain risks in Indian dairy industry: A case study.” International Journal of Decision Sciences, Risk and Management, An Inderscience Publication. 4(1/2): 77-91.
20. Acharyulu, G. V. R. K. & Shekhar, B. R. (2012). Role of value chain strategy in healthcare supply chain management: An empirical study in India. International Journal of Management, 29(1), 91-97.
19. Mishra, P. K., & Raja Shekhar, B. (2012). “Supply chain cost and stakeholders’ profitability – An empirical study of Indian dairy industry.” International Journal of Advanced Economics and Business Management and Technologies, 2(1): 17-28.
18.Udaya Bhaskar, N & Raja Shekhar, B. (2011). “Impact of Service Quality on Apparel Retail Customer Satisfaction- A Study of Select Metropolitan City Hyderabad”, Journal of Management Research, 3(2): 1-13.
17. Devi Prasad, M & Raja Shekhar, B. (2011). “Evaluation Of Passenger Satisfaction And Service Quality In Indian Railways”– A Case Study Of South Central Railway Using Railqual, International Journal of Research in Commerce & Management (IJRCM), 2(11): 53-57.
16. Udaya Bhaskar, N & Raja Shekhar, B. (2011). “Assessment of Service Quality in apparel Retailing- A study of three Select cities”Asian Journal of Management Research, 2(1): 24-34.
15. Udaya Bhaskar, N., Uma Maheswari Devi, P & Raja Shekhar, B. (2011). “Measuring Service Quality in Apparel Retailing – A Study in the State of Andhra Pradesh”, International Journal of Economics and Management Science, 1(1): 80-88, 2011.
14. Udaya Bhaskar, N & Raja Shekhar, B. (2011). “Applicability of SERVQUAL scale in Indian Retailing”, SRM Management digest, 9: 37-41, 2011.
13. Mishra, P. K., & Raja Shekhar, B. (2011). Impact of Risks and Uncertainties on Supply Chain: A Dairy Industry Perspective. Journal of Management Research, 3(2), 1-18.
12.Devi Prasad, M & Raja Shekhar, B. (2010). “Analyzing the passenger Service Quality of the Indian Railways using Railqual: Examining the Applicability of Fuzzy Logic”, International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology: 1(5) 478-482.
11.Devi Prasad, M & Raja Shekhar, B. (2010). “Importance and the Zone of Tolerance of Passengers’ Expectations of Indian Railway Passengers Services by applying RAILQUAL”, Asian Journal of Management Research: 1(2):387-401.
10. Mishra, Pramod Kumar & Raja Shekhar, B. (2010), Measuring Quality of Service in Retail Outlets using Fuzzy Numbers, Management Science and Engineering, Vol.4 (3): 80-86.
9. Mishra, Pramod Kumar & Raja Shekhar, B. (2010). Supply Chain Performance under Risk Environment: An Empirical Study on Indian Dairy Industry. European Journal of Management, Vol.10 (3): 75-84
8. Devi Prasad, M & Raja Shekhar, B. (2010). Development of Railqual- a Service Quality Scale for Measuring Indian Railway Passenger Services. Management Science and Engineering, Vol. 4 (3):87-94.
7. Devi Prasad, M & Raja Shekhar, B. (2010).Impact of Service Quality Management (SQM) Practices on Indian Railways – A Study of South Central Railways. International Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 5 ( 9): 139-146.
6. Anusha, A. & Raja Shekhar, B. (2009). Evaluation of service quality in Indian Hotel industries: A study of two select Hotels. International Journal of Business Research, IX (4):135-139.
5. Acharyulu, G.V.R.K., Raja Shekhar, B. & Sudhakar, M. (2009). Measuring the customer preferences of Direct To Home (DTH) Television service in India. Journal of International Business and Economics, IX (1):103-107.
4.Raja Shekhar, B. & Udaya Bhaskar, N. (2009). A comparative study of celebrity impact on consumer behavior with reference to prepaid mobile service providers in select urban and semi urban areas. International Journal of Business Research, IX (6):78-84.
3.Raja Shekhar, B. & Acharyulu, G.V.R.K. (2007). Service Quality Measurement in Indian Healthcare industry. Journal of International Business and Economics, VII (2): 151-155.
2. Raja Shekhar, B. & Umamaheswari Devi, P. (2007). Supply Chain Management Practices in Indian Process industry. International Journal of Business Research, VII (6): 110-115.
1.Raja Shekhar, B. & Umamaheswari Devi, P. (2006). Supply Chain Management Practices in Automotive and Auto components Industry in India. Journal of International Business and Economics, V (1): 195-207.
1. Statistics for Business Analytics.
2. Operation Research.